The only way to guarantee success in today’s digital world is by growing your online network and utilizing all the available channels. And in this context, social media plays a critical role. Contrary to what many may think, social media numbers are not a vanity metric if you run an online business. The number of followers, likes, and shares or retweets on your posts is critical in determining your digital success.
Twitter is undoubtedly one of the most impactful and effective platforms for growing your business or personal brand. Therefore, it is imperative for brands and public figures to improve their approach and increase their followers on Twitter to become influential on the platform.
But how do you get those followers, and what changes do you need to make in your approach? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! In this blog, we are sharing with you the five best ways to become a guaranteed Twitter celebrity!
1. Get verified on Twitter
Getting verified on Twitter is no longer an optional or added flex. Rather, it’s non-negotiable if you want to become popular and famous on Twitter. Twitter verification comes with a host of benefits for brands and public figures:
- With a verified Twitter account, you will have more credibility and reliability. This will make it easier to establish a trustworthy relationship with your followers and target audience.
- Verification gives you access to all the exclusive Twitter analytics and insights. This will help you have a deeper understanding of your progress and what needs to be developed.
- Verification gives you increased visibility on both Twitter and search engines. This is because the Twitter algorithm automatically promotes verified accounts first.
- There will be no hazards of identity theft or other security threats once you have your Twitter account verified.
However, earning that blue verification badge on Twitter is easier said than done. You need to meet a number of criteria set by the platform to be eligible for verification. And the most important of those is providing proof of your notability through press features and PR strategies.
That sounds like a lot of work, doesn’t it? But that’s what we are here for! As the pioneers in the industry, Digital Nod offers a guaranteed Twitter verification service to its clients. And over the years, we have helped countless brands and individuals write their own success stories through Twitter verification.
2. Prioritize visual content
The next step in your Twitter strategy should be to prioritize visual content over textual ones. This is because images and videos have better leverages to attract more audiences in less time. In fact, tweets with images are 34% more likely to get retweeted than those without images.
Although Twitter is a microblogging platform, plain tweets with no multimedia don’t find a lot of traction amongst modern audiences. The reason behind this is people’s decreasing attention span. Rather than reading extensive content, people prefer reading text within an image or video that summarizes the context in a few words.
Some of the best ways to utilize multimedia for becoming famous on Twitter are:
- Sharing behind-the-scenes content of your business or personal life.
- Posting short videos (like TikToks and Instagram Reels) that convey your message in under 60 seconds.
- Sharing revamped old pictures to attract people’s attention towards something long forgotten.
- Sharing relatable, quirky, and humorous GIFs in relevance to your tweet’s main content.
3. Stay active in relevant communities
Twitter consists of users from a very diverse demographic, having varied interests. These users find and build their own communities within the platform where they discuss topics of common interest. If you want to be successful on Twitter, it is vital to identify and stay active in communities related to your niche or industry.
One of the best ways of staying active in a community is by closely following and posting on relevant hashtags. For instance, if you are a crypto influencer, investor, or creator, you would want to closely follow hashtags like #cryopto, #bitcoin, #btc, and more. You should engage and interact with the most trending posts with these hashtags and also use them in your own posts. In fact, tweets with hashtags are 33% more likely to be retweeted!
Some of the benefits of staying active in relevant communities include:
- You get an instant audience that is already interested in your niche.
- You can stay up-to-date with all the latest developments and trends in your industry.
- With consistent and helpful posts in relevant communities, people would consider you an authority in your niche.
4. Run sponsored follower campaigns
Besides growing your profile organically, there’s another way to increase your followers and network on Twitter — sponsored followers campaigns. These campaigns are run by Twitter, promoting your profile to specific target audiences. You may either run a short campaign to give an instant kick to your fame or opt for an always-on campaign to ensure a consistent stream of new followers.
However, paid campaigns shouldn’t be your only means to increase followers and become famous on Twitter. It is always more effective and impactful to grow your followers organically and build genuine connections.
5. Collaborate with other brands and influencers
Lastly, you can collaborate with other brands and influencers on Twitter to grow your network. Since they would already have an existing and distinct audience, collaboration would give you direct access to those users. This works both ways, and that’s why Twitter collaborations are a great way to mutually benefit both parties involved.
Over 92% of companies worldwide have a presence on Twitter today. Therefore, when you collaborate with some of these brands, you gain instant exposure, fame, and better visibility.
One cannot become famous on Twitter overnight or by chance. It is not only a gradual process, but it also needs proper planning and strategizing. Without a proper plan of action, all your efforts will likely go in vain.
Before formulating a strategy, you need to get the basics right first. These include posting regularly, sharing valuable content, following trending hashtags, engaging with your fans and followers through replies, comments, etc. Next, if you follow and implement these five points mentioned above, you will be in good stead to achieve Twitter stardom.
Additionally, if you are looking for professional help to take your Twitter game up an extra notch and have a competitive edge over your rivals, then don’t forget to get in touch with Digital Nod today!